Ukraine’s groundhog forecasts early spring in the country
An old custom says these animals are capable of telling how soon the spring comes
A video emerged at Youtube where Timka the groundhog that lives in Kharkiv region, eastern Ukraine, made his forecast about the spring in the country. According to his official keeper Viktor Tokarsky, the animal behaves as if the spring already came to Ukraine.
An old custom says that if a groundhog gets outside its hut, then sees its own shadow and hides back, then the winter will hold for another six weeks. If it doesn’t hide immediately, the spring will come soon.
“Timka says the spring’s here already. The spring will come early, but there will be freezing temperatures in mid-February, March and even April. Then, the real, warm spring will follow”, Tokarsky said.
The video below was taken from Gorodskoy Dozor, Kharkiv-based news website.
Watch the video:
Groundhog day in Ukraine 2016: spring will come soon
Timka the groundhog living in Kharkiv region, northeastern Ukraine, made his forecast about the spring in Ukraine. The animal's keeper says the winter is almost over, however, low temperatures will hold in the country until April. The video belongs to Gorodskoy Dozor, Kharkiv-based news website.See more: http://112.international/society/ukraines-groundhog-forecasts-early-spring-in-the-country-2415.htmlОпубліковано 112.UA International 2 лютого 2016 р.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas