Ukraine's Euro 2016 football squad receives presidential send-off from Petro Poroshenko
President is confident that football plays an important role in uniting Ukraine
Ukraine has all the opportunities to sing the national anthem in the near future in Donetsk. The President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko said this during the send-off ceremony of the Ukrainian team to Euro 2016.
"I am confident that football plays an important role," - said Poroshenko, expressing hope that in the near future we will be able to sing the Ukrainian national anthem under the yellow-blue flags in Donetsk.
“Your play on the football fields - is not only exciting sports spectacle. In fact, it is a huge part of the process of creation of nation”, - he added.
Recall, on the Euro 2016 Ukrainian national team will play with Germany, Poland and Northern Ireland.
Watch the video:
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars