Ukraine’s ambassador comments on results of MH17 preliminary investigation: Top Quotes
The investigation group led by Dutch experts found out that Russia-made missile launcher Buk came from the Russian federation, - Oleksandr Gorin
The press briefing about the results of the preliminary investigation into the MH17 disaster took place in the Netherlands. Shortly before the briefing, Ukraine's ambassador Olexandr Gorin commented on what he heard behind the closed doors as the investigators spoke with families of the victims. Only after that, the press was allowed into the session hall. Here's Gorin's comments.
The airliner was downed by Buk missile launcher, which came from Russia and then was evacuated back to Russia soon after this event. It was stationed on the militant-controlled territory between Snizhne and Pervomaiske towns (Donetsk region, - 112 International).
One of the questions we don’t have the answer to is exactly where Buk crossed the Ukrainian border. The investigation continues. Families of the victims wondered who used the weapon; the experts replied that they continue to sort it out. There is variety of possible answers – including the version widely discussed by the media; but until the investigation is over and the relevant materials are handed over to the court – no one answers that question.
The investigation group never specified when more information will be officially released. The most complicated part of the investigation is yet to come – they will have to find and name the people responsible for decisions, the orders, and the ones who pushed the button. Everyone hopes the answers will sound aloud.
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
MH17 investigation to call all suspects before 2017 2 October, 11:01
Mogherini: International community should support MH17 investigation 29 September, 13:35
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars