Ukraine to choose Eurovision 2017 host city before Independence Day
Ukrainian city to host Song contest to be determined before August 24
Ukraine will make decision on which city will host the Eurovision 2017 until the Independence Day on Agusut 24. The National Television Company of Ukraine (NTCU) Deputy Director General Alexander Harebin stated this, Unian reports.
Three cities compete to host the international song contest – Kyiv, Dnipro and Odesa. However, as the organizers say, every city has a number of disadvantages.
"Ukraine has virtually no arena stage on which the competition can be carried out. That is why we could not choose the host city earlier", Harebin said.
"The presence or the need for the competition was due to the fact that we did not see the readiness of the arena. We would like to see the city's interest in the competition", he added.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain