Ukraine switches to biometric IDs
The respective law entered into force on October 1
The bill No.1474-VIII, which submits changes to certain laws about IDs of Ukrainian citizens and is aimed at the liberalization of EU visa regime for Ukraine, took effect. In July 2016, it was adopted by the Parliament, and in August, it was signed by President Poroshenko.
The law contains the following key provisions:
- clear differentiation between IDs with and without the contactless digital chip;
- mandatory issue of a passport of a Ukrainian citizen upon reaching 14 years old;
- introduction of an ID of a person who needs extra protection;
- introduction of the card of a migrant worker.
According to the law, from now on, citizens will have their fingerprints digitized during the procession of foreign and diplomatic passports. On the other hand, a person can choose to not give its fingerprints when processing the domestic passport.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars