Ukraine switches to biometric IDs
The respective law entered into force on October 1
The bill No.1474-VIII, which submits changes to certain laws about IDs of Ukrainian citizens and is aimed at the liberalization of EU visa regime for Ukraine, took effect. In July 2016, it was adopted by the Parliament, and in August, it was signed by President Poroshenko.
The law contains the following key provisions:
- clear differentiation between IDs with and without the contactless digital chip;
- mandatory issue of a passport of a Ukrainian citizen upon reaching 14 years old;
- introduction of an ID of a person who needs extra protection;
- introduction of the card of a migrant worker.
According to the law, from now on, citizens will have their fingerprints digitized during the procession of foreign and diplomatic passports. On the other hand, a person can choose to not give its fingerprints when processing the domestic passport.
EU to increase funding of security at Prydniprovsky chemical plant 1 December, 17:02
EU creates obstacles to visa-free regime with Ukraine, - EU Parliament MP 29 November, 12:16
EU Trilateral group to discuss visa-free suspension mechanism today 29 November, 13:15
Ukraine could lose EU support if it refuses Minsk agreements 1 December, 09:10
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:1426 attacks were reported in Donbas, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS22:18US Congress prohibited Pentagon from cooperating with Russia while it encroaches on Ukraine’s territorial integrity
- UKRAINE TOP 21:31Poroshenko and Polish Prime Minister discussed construction of gas interconnector between Ukraine and Poland
- UKRAINE TOP 20:49The case on May 2 in Odessa will be considered from the beginning due to changes in board of judges
- SOCIETY20:23Police busted VIP-casino in Kyiv, where entry ticket was $ 1,000
- UKRAINE TOP 19:43Ukraine’s Prime Minister at FTAs conference at UCCI
- UKRAINE TOP 19:29Shulyak interrogation is over
- UKRAINE TOP 18:34Russia is trying to divert world’s attention from ATO issue, - Poltorak
- POLITICS18:26Shulyak’s interview: ‘I did my best not to let people on Maidan die’
- UKRAINE TOP 18:13Putin refuses to release Sentsov, calling his question "sensitive"
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine