Ukraine, Russia Ombudsmen will exchange visits and visit prisoners
Dates of the visits have not been agreed yet
Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights in Ukraine Valeriya Lutkovska will visit Ukrainian prisoners in Russia in the near future. At the same time, the Commissioner for Human Rights in the Russian Federation Tatyana Moskalkova will visit the Russian prisoners in Ukraine. Interfax reports this, citing the Adviser of the Russian Ombudsman Alexey Zlovedov.
"The Human Rights Ombudsman of the Russian Federation Tatyana Moskalkova and her Ukrainian counterpart Valeriya Lutkovska reached an agreement on the organization of visits of convicted Russian and Ukrainian citizens, serving sentences in prisons in the territory, respectively, of Russia and Ukraine", he said.
According to him, the visits are going to be held due to a desire to see “the conditions of detention and to consider options for implementing the international right of convicted persons to serve their sentences in the territory of their State of nationality”.
It is noted that dates of the visits have not been agreed yet.
US Ambassador to UN nominee distrusts Russia 19 January, 08:49
London continues hearings on Yanukovych debt 19 January, 20:01
Poroshenko: Future meeting with Trump will be effective 19 January, 11:21
What about fascism in Ukraine and Russia? 19 January, 22:09
- POLITICS13:36Britain to continue supporting Ukraine
- SOCIETY13:14Security Service detain drug smugglers in Mykolaiv
- POLITICS12:41Trump inauguration: Protesters clash with police in Washington
- SOCIETY12:34Ukrainians commemorate defenders of Donetsk airport
- POLITICS12:16Batkishchyna wants evidence of Savchenko’s treason from SBU
- POLITICS11:56Trump's inauguration: online broadcast
- FINANCE11:30Roshen confectionary factory in Russian Lipetsk shuts down
- UKRAINE TOP 11:19Court to consider Yanukovych conviction in absentia
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:38Security Service finds Russian weapons in ATO zone
- POLITICS10:01Trump’s Treasury pick supports Russia sanctions "100 percent"
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:35, 19 January OSCE Head offers night-time monitoring in Donbas
18:33, 19 January Orthodox and Greek Catholic believers celebrate Epiphany