Ukraine ranked among the countries with the highest terrorism threat
In 2014, Ukraine accounted for 2% of all world’s deaths by terrorists
Experts of the Institute for Economics and Peace in the 2015 put Ukraine on the 12th place among the countries with the highest terrorist threat. Calculated index increased more than twice - from 2.95 to 7.2 as a total for the year. So, on the basis of the peaceful 2013, Ukraine was 51th in the ranking, and already at the end of the military 2014, Ukraine is on the 12th position.
At the same time, the Malaysian Boeing crash over Donbas is in the TOP-5 most horrible catastrophes of the last year. Experts believe it was a terrorist attack.
Let’s note that not only due to Donbas, we are so high in the rankings. The map of the The Institute for Economics and Peace shows that Odesa and Kharkiv were also hot spots over the last year.
It must be noted that for the first time, Ukraine is in the TOP-10 most affected countries by terrorists.
In 2014, Ukraine accounted for 2% of all world’s deaths by terrorists.
Donetsk opens the list of the "bloodiest" cities.
In the meantime, the threat of terrorism is growing within Ukraine, in Russia it’s falling.
Moreover, Ukraine's western neighbors like Romania, Poland and Slovakia are be at the bottom of the rating. These are the safest countries in terms of terrorist threat.
- UA & EU23:47Years of expectations: Ukraine could get visa-free regime on November 24, 2016
- Economics15:11Reconfiguring Ukrainian budget: salaries of the MPs increased
- UA & EU13:16From Germany to Malta: How EU countries are supporting Ukraine’s transformation
- SOCIETY20:10Ukraine’s medical system: Nocebo effect
- POLITICS13:09Crimean Tatar autonomy in terms of the law
- UKRAINE TOP 23:17Normandy talks: Reaction of the social media
- POLITICS22:15New sanctions against Russia. Persons, businesses and their penalties
- POLITICS19:24World fact-check: How to check the statements of Trump and Clinton
- POLITICS21:53Six months of premiership: Best quotes of Volodymyr Groysman
- UKRAINE TOP 13:42Crimea has nothing to do with Ukraine: myth or reality?
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain