Ukraine may not have time to prepare for Eurovision 2017
Russia may receive right to hold Song Contest
If Kyiv authorities are not able to decide which city will host the competition until October, the right to organize the Eurovision 2017 will go to Australia and Russia, the Russian newspaper Izvestia reports, citing the press service of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU).
“We are closely watching how the three cities stubbornly fighting for the right to hold the contest, but we do not know when the final outcome will be officially announced. The deadline is no later than the beginning of October”, the agency quoted the press service of the EBU.
Australia took the second place on Eurovision 2016. By agreement with the EBU, in view of its geographical location, Australia nominally may become a co-organizer of the event, but the contest itself will be held in the European region. According to the rules, Russia can become the second co-organizer of Eurovision 2017, as the country has won the third place in the competition.
Ukraine may not have time to prepare for the organization of Eurovision in 2017. It is still unknown which of the Ukrainian cities will host the international competition, and how the city authorities will provide the entire necessary infrastructure to be built, notes the agency.
Recall that the head of the National TV and Radio Company of Ukraine Zurab Alasania said that the city, which will hold the Eurovision Song Contest 2017, has not been announced on August 25, because the two cities have almost equal benefits. He also mentioned, that President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko and Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman are the only two that are involved in choosing the city, which will host Eurovision 2017.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars