Ukraine marks Independence Day
It’s been exactly 25 years since Declaration of Independence was adopted
Today, on August 24, Ukrainians celebrate the 25th anniversary of their state’s independence.
On this day, in 1991, the Parliament of the-then Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic adopted the Act of Proclamation of Independence. Since then, August 24 is celebrated as the Independence Day – the favorite holiday of many people.
A lot of festive events will take place today across the country. President Petro Poroshenko will lay flowers to the monument of great poet Taras Shevchenko. The military parade and solemn processions will take place in Kyiv.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas