Ukraine marks Day of Special Operations Forces
The newly created unit to celebrate its ‘birthday’ annually on July 29
The date is officially determined by President Petro Poroshenko in his decree that he signed most recently.
The newborn unit, the Special Operations Forces (SOF), is a part of Ukraine’s Armed Forces; most of the relevant information is strictly classified.
Ukraine’s Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman congratulated the unit’s servicemen. ‘Risking their health and their lives, fighters of the Special Operations Forces demonstrate high-level professionalism, patriotism and heroism; they always perform their duty in the danger zone with dignity. Your combat experience and active part in the counter-terrorism operation in Eastern Ukraine hugely contribute to the defense capability of our state. The country is proud of you!’, reads Groysman’s statement.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case