Ukraine is number 69 in Quality of Death Index
The "neighbours" of Ukraine in the ranking are Ethiopia and Columbia
Ukraine took 69 place in the 2015 Quality of Death Index, released by The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
Quality of Death Index in Ukraine is 25.5 (out of 100). The ranking is due to comprehensive national policies, the extensive integration of palliative care into the National Health Service, a strong hospice movement, and deep community engagement on the issue. EIU found Britain to be the best at palliative care.
The ranking is based on extensive research and interviews with over 120 palliative care experts from across the world. It shows that in general, income levels are a strong indicator of the availability and quality of palliative care, with wealthy countries clustered at the top, according to the EIU report.
"Since the first Quality of Death Index was published this issue has certainly risen up the global agenda, as shown by the World Health Assembly resolution last year calling for improved standards of palliative care across the world. But much more can be done, even in countries that rank highly in the Index. It is an issue that will affect us all - a good quality of death should be regarded as a human right," states David Line, managing editor, The Economist Intelligence Unit.
The experts measured the quality of palliative and healthcare environment, human resources, affordability of care, quality of care, and community engagement in 80 countries around the world. The main tendency shows that many developing countries are still unable to provide basic pain management due to limitations in staff and basic infrastructure.
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case