Ukraine is 70th world country by Legatum Prosperity Index
Only 28% of Ukrainians are satisfied with their standard of living
In the same year that Russia annexed Crimea, Ukraine overthrew a widely despised government. Yet, the sense of euphoria did not last long. With inflation currently running at more than 50% and the economy shrinking, the Prosperity Index shows that only 28% of Ukrainians are satisfied with their standard of living - the eighth lowest in the world. Ukraine is now ranked 70th on the Index, down seven places since last year.
Also Ukraine took three points from 5 in state-sponsored political violence index. The lowest point it took for the economic indicator - 127; and the quality of public administration - 120. In the same time, in terms of education Ukraine took the 37th place; the level of social capital - 41.
The annual Legatum Prosperity Index ranks 142 countries across eight categories: the Economy, Entrepreneurship & Opportunity; Governance; Education; Health; Safety & Security; Personal Freedom; and Social Capital. The three leaders of the Prosperity Index are Norway, Switzerland and Denmark. The top 10 European countries are Sweden (5), the Netherlands (8), Finland (9) and Ireland (10).
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars