Ukraine passed to Netherlands paintings stolen in 2005
"Dutch pictorial art masterpieces shouldn't only please the eye of separate thieves, but of the whole mankind," - said Attorney General Yuriy Lutsenko
"It is a pleasure to see the result of your work personally. First, I would like to congratulate the Security Service of Ukraine, which was able to return these paintings back after a 10-months-investigation of the 10-year-old theft. We see now the Dutch masterpieces, famous throughout the world - shouldn't only please the eye of separate thieves, but of the whole mankind. We are happy to be involved in returning of the paintings," - said the Prosecutor General of Ukraine Yuriy Lutsenko.
"I am pleased to be in this embassy not with the tragic mission of laying memory flowers to the victims of the downed airliner, not with the purpose of cooperation with the Office of the Prosecutor General of Holland in this tragic case. There is a great opportunity to give beauty and save the world, which happens not so often. We will be happy to do this kind of our work," - he added.
The Prosecutor General's Office of Ukraine reported that they interviewed and questioned about 150 people, held several operational extremely complicated combinations and got these paintings. Some of them were in the east of Ukraine.
"This is only a part of the paintings. We hope, that the rest will be returned in the same successful way. So it is illogical to reveal the source and mechanisms of obtaining these pictures yet," - Lutsenko said.
As it was reported, 24 paintings and 7- silver antiquities worth almost 10 million euros were stolen from the museum of Horn (Netherlands) in 2005.
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars