Ukraine EXISTS: exhibition began in UN HQ in New York
January 11, Ukrainian diplomats and artists open the exhibition dedicated to latest developments in the country
The UN Headquarters in the New York City hosted an art exhibition Ukraine EXISTS. The event started January 11. According to Taras Topolya (see photo above), civil activist and leader of Antytila rock band, it aims to promote hard facts and truthful information about the war in Donbas.
“Why would we hold this exhibition in the UN? There’s constant presence of journalists, experts, diplomats and other people who contribute to the better future of the world. The exhibition consists of two parts – “War” and “Peace”; the harsh military reality in Donbas and the civil reality, part of which is art”, Topolya said.
The exhibition was organized by “Vilni.UA” volunteer fund, Ukrainian artists and photographers. It consists of two parts – photo and video shows of documentary materials dedicated to war and peace in Ukraine.
According to Taras Topolya, the idea of exhibition came up last winter, during battles for Donetsk airport and Debaltseve. Back in those days, the UN Security Council in New York called urgent meetings where Russian diplomats constantly distorted facts and events related to the conflict in Donbas.
The exhibition in the UN HQ will be running from January 11 till January 26, after that it will move to Ukrainian Cultural Centre in New York.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case