Ukraine drops in Global Peace Index
Overall global situation isn’t getting any better
According to the Global Peace Index, Ukraine fell to 156th place from 163 in the ranking of the most peaceful countries in the world, having lost six positions compared to last year.
Thus, Ukraine stands among the five countries showing the worst dynamics - Yemen, Turkey, Libya and Bahrain, according to DW.
Iceland, Denmark and Austria are the most peaceful countries in the world. Germany is on the 16th place, the United States take 103th place. Russia remains at 151th place, 5 points before Ukraine, and North Korea is ahead of Russia and stays at 150th place. Syria, Iraq and South Sudan are the last three countries.
The authors of the research note that the last decade "demonstrates the historical deterioration of the situation in the world" after the Second World War.
A significant deterioration appeared due to conflicts in the Middle East and North Africa in the current year. Terrorism is recognized as the highest level on record, and the number of victims in the conflict is the largest in 25 years. In addition, the number of refugees and displaced persons has reached its highest level in 60 years.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case