Ukraine chose three semi-finalists of national contest for Eurovision 2016
Jamala, The HARDKISS and Brunettes Shoot Blondes made it to the final
The first semifinal of the national contest for Eurovision 2016 in Stockholm took place in Kyiv on February 6. The first three contenders to qualify to the final are Jamala, the Hardkiss and Brunettes Shoot Blondes.
Jamala received the most votes both from the jury and from the TV audience. As 112 International reported, briefly before the contest, the Crimean Tatar singer presented her new song, 1944, to compete for a place at Eurovision.
Listen to the audio taken from the singer’s official Youtube channel:
The HARDKISS participate in the Ukrainian national selection for Eurovision 2016 with the song "Helpless". Qualified from the first semi-final, the band will compete in the national final on February 21.
Listen to the audio taken from Unser Liede Youtube account:
Brunettes Shoot Blondes is an indie rock band formed in 2010. The team gained international recognition in September 2014 with an animated music video to their song "Knock Knock". At the national contest, the band performs their song “Every Monday”.
Watch the video taken from ESC Extras Youtube account:
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case