Ukraine celebrates Knowledge Day
About 393 700 first graders have their very first day at school on September 1
Ukraine marks the Day of Knowledge on Thursday, September 1. Traditionally the schools hold the solemn line, and universities organize the ceremony of consecration freshmen students this day.
About 393 700 first graders have their very first day at school.
The schools will conduct the first lesson, the topic of which the educational institutions will determine themselves. For example, Kyiv authorities allowed not holding the solemn line at schools.
Children will learn by the updated curriculum.
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko congratulated pupils and students on September 1.
"I congratulate the pupils and students, teachers and professors with this holiday! Let this school year bring you a great success!" the President wrote on Facebook.
Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman said in his congratulatory message that "investments in education re the investments in the future". He also promised that the salaries of education workers will raise two-stage up the tariff system next year.
“I congratulate every family in which there are those who study and teach on Knowledge Day! The investment in education is an investment in the future. We have identified education as one of the priorities, creating a budget for next year and plan to increase funding by about 10 billion. In particular, the salaries of education workers will raise two-stage up the tariff system next year”, PM wrote.
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars