Ukraine becomes associate member of European Organization for Nuclear Research
Research institutions and enterprises of Ukraine may participate in CERN tenders and receive orders to manufacture high-tech equipment
Ukraine became an associate member of the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). It is reported by the press service of the Ministry of Education and Science.
Today the Head of the Permanent Mission of Ukraine to the United Nations and other international organizations in Geneva Yuriy Klimenko handed the letter of notification of the agreement between Ukraine and the European Organization for Nuclear Research to the CERN Director General Fabiola Gianotti.
"The status of associated member at CERN is a unique opportunity for Ukrainian scientists to gain experience of participation in advanced research work at CERN as employees, and participate in career development programs. Also, it will improve access to projects and educational CERN programs, enhance the efficiency of scientific research and highly qualify scientific workers", reads the statement.
The department explained that the research institutions and enterprises of Ukraine can now participate in CERN tenders and receive orders for the manufacture of high-tech equipment.
"This will enable Ukrainian industrialists to compete for contracts with the CERN and provide opportunities for industrial cooperation in the fields of modern technologies", the report says.
The Education Ministry said Ukraine was suggested a unique form of cooperation - it will become one of the associate member of CERN, and therefore will pay significantly lower fees than the 22 Member States of the organization. At the same time Ukraine may take part in all forms of scientific collaboration that are possible for the members of CERN.
The department explained that the agreement was signed in 2013 and ratified by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine in 2014. However, it was not possible to notify an agreement because Ukraine did not have the funds required for the payment of the contribution.
In the budget for 2016 were laid down for the payment of fee expenses in the amount of 250 Swiss francs (about 230 euros), making it possible to notify an agreement as of October 1, 2016.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars