Ukraine and Russia to sign document on transfer of convicted Ukrainians from Crimea
After Crimea's occupation more than 1000 Ukrainian convicted persons were transfered to Russian prisons
Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights Valeria Lutkovska and Commissioner for Human Rights of the Russian Federation Tatyana Moskalkova will sign an additional memorandum on the transfer of convicted Crimea citizens of Ukraine, who were sentenced by Ukrainian courts. This was announced by the authorized representative of the Verkhovna Rada on Human Rights Mikhailo Chaplyga, reports "UNN".
This additional document will update the items of existing international memorandum from 2013 or cold become a separate memorandum.
According to him, the Russian side now agrees upon the mechanism for moving the convicted in Crimea with the Penitentiary Service of the Russian Federation and other institutions.
As reported, human rights activists say that after the occupation of Crimea in Russian prisons appeared more than a thousand of convicted Ukrainian citizens.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels