Turchynov: Any attempts to destabilize situation on May 9 will be curtailed
The Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council praised law enforcers for effective work in Odesa on May 2
“There was a lot of tension around the events of May 2 in Odesa, but I guess that the joint staff co-organized by the police, the National Guard and the Security Service worked as a clock. Thus, none of the provocations that were planned on that day actually took place. I hope the law enforcers will prevent any sort of provocations on May 9 as well”, Olexandr Turchynov said.
According to him, Ukraine should be ready for any provocations at any time, not just during holidays.
May 9 is the old Soviet holiday, often referred to as the Victory Day. It is still marked in many countries of the former Soviet Union. However, Ukraine is currently abandoning the Soviet heritage; in frameworks of de-communization, Ukrainians celebrate May 8 - the day of Remembrance and Reconciliation. It is also the day when the Second World War in Europe officially came to its end.
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case