Trudeau replies to letter of Ukrainian boy crippled by explosion in Donbas
Mykola Nyzhnykovsky lost both legs and arm due to shell explosion in August 2015
Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau replied to the letter of the Ukrainian boy who is now undergoing treatment in Montreal; in August 2015, Mykola Nyzhnykovsky lost his legs and an arm, while his brother was killed by the explosion of a live shell in combat area in Donbas.
Trudeau posted that at Twitter.
I was deeply moved by Mykola’s letter. His positive attitude and courage are an inspiration to all of us. https://t.co/BHQ2nZRTcg— Justin Trudeau (@JustinTrudeau) 17 октября 2016 г.
In his letter, the Ukrainian wrote he’d lost his hope for normal life, but then, medics in Montreal not only helped him but also supported him a lot. ‘Before, I didn’t imagine how they are, these Canadians. Now, the flags of Ukraine and Canada decorate my new legs, almost like tatoos’, Nyzhnykovsky wrote. He thanked the Canadian government for the assistance and a new hope for future.
In his reply, Trudeau thanked the boy for the letter, said he was happy about his successful ongoing recovery. He added that Canada ‘would continue to support such brave Ukrainians’.
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels