Tourist bus with Ukrainian numbers crashed in Austria, 11 people injured
The reasons of the accident remain unknown, local police suggests the bus driver could have fell asleep or rode too fast
As a result of the accident, 11 passengers were injured, two of them were heavy wounded.
The accident occurred around 5:00 am on the A4 highway near Schwechat town, Vienna suburbs. The bus in which 14 passengers were, for unknown reasons turned off the highway, struck a fence and slid into a ditch. The cause of the accident remains unknown, as reported by Noe.ORF.at.
According to the police, most likely the bus driver was riding too fast or fell asleep at the wheel.
As noted by the Red Cross spokeswoman Danielle Anhetter, the bus could probably turned over at least once, because on its roof seen visible damages.
The diplomatic mission for the moment is fact-finding the details of the accident, the Ambassador of Ukraine to Austria Olexander Scherba wrote on his page on Twitter.
“Bus with Ukrainian numbers swerved off the highway near Vienna. 14 passengers, 10 injured. Consul clarifies the details,” the Ambassador wrote.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars