Ukraine honours the memory of millions victims of Holodomor
The nationwide action 'Light a Candle of Memory' will start at 16:01
Ukrainian Famine and Genocide ('Holodomor') Memorial Day in Ukraine commemorates on the fourth Saturday of November annually. In 2015 this day is on the 28th.
For Ukrainians this topic is extremely painful, in the XX century our nation went through three famines: of 1921-1923,1932-1933 and 1946-1947. Historians estimated that from the Holodomor died from seven to ten million Ukrainians - reported newspaper Den.
The most massive and the most terrible was the famine of 1932-1933 - genocide of the Ukrainian people by the acting totalitarian communist regime over the course of adoption of the socialist sector of economy in the USSR.
Today The National Holodomor Victims Memorial Museum will hold mourning ceremonies in Kyiv. The national minute of silence is scheduled for 16:00 Kyiv time, and the all-Ukrainian action, 'Light a Candle of Memory', will start at 16:01.
All over Ukraine are also planned thematic scientific, informational, cultural and artistic events, exhibitions and presentations.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case