Three-day mourning announced in Brussels
Terrorist attacks in the Belgian capital took 34 lives, - local media
Belgian Interior Minister Jan Jambon announced a three-day nationwide mourning for the victims of the terrorist attacks in Brussels, VTM News reports.
As is known, several blasts thundered across the Belgian capital on March 22. Two explosions took place in the departures hall of Zaventem airport; other bombs went off at Maalbeek underground station. The local media reported that before the blasts at the airport, witnesses heard gunfire and exclamations in Arabic.
By various estimates, the blasts in Brussels took dozens of lives; more than a hundred people were injured.
Belgian Prosecutor’s Office surmised that the blasts at the airport were set off by a suicide bomber. Currently, the airport is closed, and the public transport is not working. The government announced the highest level of terrorist threat.
The Belgian authorities suspect that the ISIS might be behind the terrorist acts. Later that day, the terrorist organization said they bear the responsibility.
Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry recommends citizens to refrain from traveling to Brussels, and the SBU, Ukraine’s security service, claimed they increased security measures in the country due to the terrorist acts in Brussels.
Dnipro city shooting: People say farewell to perished cops 26 September, 14:41
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars