Thousands of law enforcers keep public order in Odesa
Counselor to Interior Minister Zoryan Shkiryak said this in commentary to 112 Ukraine TV channel
Shkiryak reminded there are a lot of police in the city, as the locals mark the second anniversary of the May 2 tragedy. As 112 Ukraine TV channel reported, on May 2, 2014, forty-six pro-Russian protesters were killed and over 200 people were injured during a confrontation with pro-Ukrainian unity protesters at the Trade Unions House in central Odesa.
The Interior Ministry expects everything will turn out calm and fine. A lot of responsibility lies within the law enforcers, with the people responsible for safety measures in the city. The security measures, the way I see them, are unprecedented. About 3,000 law enforcers, in particular, Alpha team of the Security Service and Azov regiment, maintain public order. I hope no separatist provocations will take place in Odesa”, the official said.
Most recently, before the anniversary of tragic events in Odesa, Shkiryak insisted pro-Russian activists would resort to provocations in the southern-Ukrainian city.
Brawl between pro-Kremlin activists and Right Sector members in Odesa 10 October, 09:15
Turkey proachers’ boat sank during storm in Odesa 13 October, 13:48
Earthquake in Romania: aftershocks reached Ukraine 24 September, 11:30
Ante for Odesa portside plant makes USD 150 million, - State Property Fund 23 September, 11:28
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars