December 25, Christians of the Western Rite celebrate Christmas. Though the Orthodox and Greek Catholic Ukrainians celebrate the feast of Christ’s birth on the eve of January 6, many people in this country join the celebration along with Roman Catholics, who abide by the Julian calendar of religious feasts.
On this day, Christmas is celebrated by the Roman Catholic Church, most of Protestant Churches, as well as many Orthodox Churches, including the Constantinople (except the Mount Athon), Antioch, Alexandrine, the Church of Cyprus, Bulgarian, Romanian, Albanian, Polish and Greek Orthodox Churches.
President Petro Poroshenko congratulated all Christians of the Western Rite on the occasion of Christmas. “These joyful days, I wish you fireside comfort, health and peace”, he posted at Facebook.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars