The Washington Post: Zika linked to infant’s death in Texas
The death of a newborn in the Houston area has been linked to the Zika virus
The death of a newborn in the Houston area has been linked to the Zika virus, Texas public health officials said Tuesday.
The infant’s mother had traveled to Latin America during her pregnancy and was infected there by the virus, according to the Department of State Health Services. Her baby acquired the virus while in the womb and was born with microcephaly, a rare congenital condition that can cause an abnormally small head and underdeveloped brain.
Thousands of microcephaly cases have surfaced in countries wrestling with the Zika virus, most notably Brazil. And a growing body of scientific research has detailed the serious and extensive risks Zika poses to fetal development.
Read the full article here.
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas