Euro 2016: Authorities express security concerns over French stadium
Fans were able to carry prohibited items to the grandstands at Saturday’s game
Saint-Denis prefect Philippe Galli states that Stade de France, the stadium that is going to hold Euro 2016 football championship has “weak links” in its security system, - said AFP.
Security problems came to the surface after Saturday football match between Marseille and Paris Saint-Germaine F.C. (2:4) that was held at the Stade de France. During the meeting fans threw missiles and other foreign objects carried to the stadium despite the security check. There also was a crowding due to narrow exits.
“System had troubles. There are weak points that shouldn’t be there. We will have to fix them”, - said Galli.
Europe championship is going to be held from June 10 to July 10 in France. The opening and the final game are going to be held at the Stade de France.
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
UEFA Champions League: Dynamo Kyiv hosts Benfica tonight 19 October, 10:01
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas