Residents of Crimea are left without heat
After power outage on the peninsula the working of boiler plants was temporarily stopped
State Unitary Enterprise "Krymteplocomunenergo" announces the temporary suspension of boiler. The company explains this as there is "significant warming" on the street, reported Russian administration on the website in Simferopol.
"During the operational headquarters of prevention and emergency response, it was reported that it is unneccessary to continue heat supply while there are +19 degrees of air temperature "- said in a statement.
It is noted that if necessary, 'Krymteplocomunenergo' is 'able to restore quickly the heat supply to all socially important objects'.
It is already the third day when the Crimean residents are without electricity.
On the night of November 22 in Chaplinka (Kherson region) it was undermined the electrical resistance, which supplies electric power to the occupied Crimea. This reason caused the problem of being the peninsula without electricity. Lenur Islyamov, one of the organizers of the civil blockade of Crimea, said that electrical resistance dropped from the wind.
Mustafa Dzhemilev, the leader of Crimean Tatar people and MP in an interview with 'LІGA.net' said thet the participants in the blockade of the Crimea are ready to let the repairmen work on two power supplying lines in the mainland Ukraine.
'Now we will partly allow the professionals to demining and repairing works. There's a line that, skirting the Crimea, leads to the areas of Kherson region. It is also proves that there are no light there. So we will allow to restore this line. People should not suffer on the mainland. And another line connected with Zaporizhya nuclear power plant. All that is needed will be done in order to to avoid any threats, "- said Dzhemilev.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine claims that undermined electrical resistance may qualify as a terrorist act.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars