The Independent: Rio 2016: Olympic athlete Isadora Cerullo gets engaged to girlfriend on rugby field
'I wanted to show people that love wins': Rugby sevens player Isadora Cerullo was proposed to by her girlfriend Marjorie Enya after the finals
It was night of firsts at the Rio Olympics’ Deodoro Stadium on Monday, as the winners of the first ever women’s rugby sevens finals were announced and a Brazilian player became the first athlete to accept a marriage proposal at the Games.
Marjorie Enya, a 28-year-old volunteer manager at the stadium, proposed to her girlfriend, rugby player Isadora Cerullo, in a rousing speech on the pitch met with a round of applause, following the medal ceremony of the inaugural rugby competition.
Ms Cerullo, 25, is a member of the Brazil squad who finished ninth in the tournament after failing to beat Japan.
Read the full article here.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case