The Guardian: Some parents are so shocked they can’t speak
Nice children’s hospital treating victims
At the children’s hospital in Nice’s Promenade des Anglais on Friday afternoon, parents were still looking for their children.
Amid the bloodshed and chaos of Thursday night’s attack – in which the suspect, Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel, had driven past the hospital at the start of his rampage – many families had been separated.
Hours after the truck drove at high speed into a crowd of people watching a Bastille Day fireworks display, one 10-year-old child in the intensive care unit at the Fondation Lenval still had not been identified.
One of the most harrowing aspects of the Nice attack was the devastating injuries of babies, children and teenagers, and the grief of their parents. French prosecutors said 10 children and teenagers had died in the attack.
Read the full article here.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars