The biggest consumer electronics show IFA opens its doors in Berlin
Trade visitors from more than 100 countries flock to Berlin to know the latest gadgets of the international market
The official grand opening of the IFA exhibition (International radio exhibition Berlin), global trade show for consumer electronics and home appliances, took place in Berlin, September 3. And today IFA openes its doors for 1500 visitors from more than 100 countries and gives surprises by presenting the newest world gears, DW.
Some advanced samples, prototypes of which were the founders of the recent years' trends, are shown at the exhibition. Head of Messe Berlin trade fair Christian Göke states that "the market is in full gear. The press has already published the first photos, whether they’re of the first smartwatches with round displays or new virtual reality headsets or completely redesigned phablets". The smartwatch, computerized wristwatch with functionality that is enhanced beyond timekeepin, has its app selections and menu items arranged in a circle around the edge of the display.
For Germany, IFA is a platform where traders usually order the goods, in particular for pre-Christmas trade. In 2014, at the exhibition were placed orders worth 4.25 bln EUR.
IFA is the global trade show for consumer electronics and home appliances, which presents the latest products and innovations. The event has been held in Berlin since 1924. Today, with over 200,000 visitors and exhibitors from all over the world, this is the largest consumer electronics fair where both trade experts and the public can marvel at the latest technological developments.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case