The 45th "Molodist" Film Festival announced its winners
The Grand Prix comes to Israeli film "Princess" (director Tali Shalom Ezer)
The 45th International Film Festival "Molodist" is coming to an end. On October 31, the Ivan Franko National Academic Drama Theatre hosted the closing ceremony of the festival, where the jury announced this year’s winners, report the festival's web site.
The Grand Prix of the 45th Kyiv International Film Festival "Molodist" and the certificate for the amount of $10,000 was awarded to the film "Princess", dir. Tali Shalom Ezer, (Israel).
The winner of the international full-length competition is the film "Pikadero", dir. Ben Sherrock (UK, Spain) – it received a prize and a certificate for $1,250.
Another winner of the full-length competition is the film "Ixcanul", dir. Jairo Bustamante (Guatemala, France) – it received a prize and a certificate for $1,250.
The award for best film in the international short competition went to "Pinky", dir. Tomasz Cichoń (Poland). It was awarded a certificate for the amount of $2,500.
The special award of the jury went to the film "Milky Brother", dir. Vahram Mkhitaryan (Poland, Armenia) and the film "De Smet", dir. Wim Goedens, Thomas Boertin (Netherlands, Belgium).
The first place in the student international competition went to "Discipline", dir. Christophe M. Saber (Switzerland).
The special award of the jury went to the film "How I Didn’t Become a Piano Player," dir. Tommaso Pitta (UK).
The winner of the contest "Sunny Bunny" (special program for films on LGBT topic) is the film "Sworn Virgin", dir. Laura Bispuri (Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Albania, Kosovo). Special diplomas of “Sunny Bunny” were awarded to "Stories of Our Lives", dir. Jim Chuchu (Kenya, South Africa) and "The Summer of Sangaylé", dir. Alanté Kavaïté (Lithuania, France, Netherlands).
International Film Festival "Molodist" annually takes plase in Kyiv. In 2014, while showing one of the films of "Sunny Bunny" contest, two young men from far right circles threw a smoke grenade, which caused massive fire in "Zhovten" cinema in the downtown of Kyiv. The cinema was restored in October 2015, however it rejected to cooperate with the film festival.
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case