Terrorist act in Luhansk region: 3500 tonnes of munition in fire
One civilian died, another five people got injured; 200 locals are evacuated from the town
"Yesterday in Svatove [Luhansk region] at 19:30 a fire broke warehouses with military weapons, fire area embraced approximately 300 by 300 meters area of the warehouses. More than 3500 tonnes of ammunition are placed in the warehouses. Numerous chaotic explosions hamper the elimination of fire. The shells and their fragments burst near the town, in the area of town as well," as stated by the media office of the Emergency Service. The shells hit the local facilities, a local market was damaged as a result of a shell explosion.
ATO spokesperson Ruslan Tkachuk states that a result of the incident the number of victims reached six: four soldiers wounded, one civilian killed and one more injured. About two hundred people were evacuated from the town. The number of the human casualties might change, follow our updates.
200 rescuers and 70 vehicles are involved into fighting against the fire. One of the versions of explosion is Svatove is a terrorist act, said the spokesperson of the General Staff Vladyslav Selezniov. Currently, the power and gas supply are stopped in Svatove.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain