Terrorist act in eastern Ukraine: 2 died and 8 wounded
Nearly 5 thousand of people left Svatove town after yesterday's fire of warehouse
At 11:00, two people died and eight are injured as a result of events in Svatove, Luhansk region, where a military arsenal had been fired. It was reported by ATO spokesman Ruslan Tkachuk.
200 people were evacuated and another 500 left the town themselves. 898 rescuers and 169 vehicles are working to fix the situation. The people are placed into bomb shelters.
Currently Svatove is blocked. The checkpoints are established to prevent panic and looting. According to the previous conclusions of the experts, the fire was caused by the signal rocket detonation. The line of explosions has stopped, but some chaotic shells are still detonating.
“According to preliminary information, the incident in Svatovo ocurred in result of enemy’s actions, who set a goal of destabilizition of situation in the region,” the head of the Defence Ministry of Ukraine Stepan Poltorak stated.
476 private and multi-storey residential buildings are damaged by the fire and shells explosions. Nearly 5 thousand people have left their homes to get to the safe places. The fire also spead to the woods around the town.
Head of Luhansk civil-military administration Georgiy Tuka signed a decree on allocation over $ 400,000 for emergency mitigation in Svatovo, the press service of Luhansk CMA reported.
Recalling, October 29, a fire broke warehouses with military weapons. More than 3500 tonnes of ammunition are placed in the warehouses. Numerous chaotic explosions hamper the elimination of fire.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case