Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region
Stoltenberg called Iskander transfer to NATO borders as habitual behavior of the Russian Federation
Swedish Minister of Defense Peter Hultkvist said that the transfer of Russian complexes Iskander-M in the Kaliningrad region will exacerbate the situation in the Baltic region. It is reported by Kommersant.
"We see this as a provocative signal policy, since it aggravates the situation across the region, especially when it comes to the possible carriers of nuclear warheads, which gives it a new dimension", the minister said.
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said that by placing Iskander-M missile systems in the Kaliningrad region Russia follows the usual line of conduct.
"Now I see that they place missiles Iskander-M in Kaliningrad region. This corresponds to the behavior that we have seen for a long time", said Stoltenberg at a conference in Passau, Germany.
Jens Stoltenberg called for a constructive relationship with Russia, but NATO can engage in the dialogue with Moscow "only when all our allies are strong".
He noted that NATO has no plans to expand on the Eastern flank.
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Russia bombers fly near Iceland passenger airliner 27 September, 09:47
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case