Svatove after explosion of ammunition depot: photos
Situation in the town stabilizes, delivery of power, gas and water has been already recovered
The State Emergency Service of Ukraine (SES) published photos of the city Svatove in Luhansk region, which severely suffered from massive explosion of ammunition storage October 29.
As it was reported before, October 29, a fire broke warehouses with military weapons in Svatove, Luhansk region. More than 3500 tonnes of ammunition were placed in the warehouses. Numerous chaotic explosions hamper the elimination of fire. As a result of explosions at ammunition depot, 2 people died, 54 got injured, Luhansk civil-military administration stated. For emergency relief operation 200 rescuers and 70 vehicles were involved into fighting against the fire.
One of the versions of explosion is Svatove is a terrorist act, and due to the fact of the incident, Security Service of Ukraine opened criminal case under article of terrorist attack, the spokesperson of the General Staff Vladyslav Selezniov told.
For the moment, in Svatove, military engineers continue the search in the city area for explosive devices and destroy it in designated locations. It has been already cleared 700 of explosive items, ATO press center reported.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain