Suicude bomber in Iraq: 14 dead, dozens injured after car explosion
There are women and children among wounded
At least 14 were killed in a suicide car bomb attack on a checkpoint outside of the Khalis town in Iraq, Independent reports.
6 people died in their cars waiting to pass the checkpoint, another 8 dead were policemen. More than 40 people got injured.
The death toll can rise as many wounded are in the severe state.
'We still have charred bodies inside many vehicles including a minibus packed with women and children' police officer says.
Khalis is a town around 80km (50 miles) north of Baghdad.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars