Streets of French city Sète flooded with wine
Police assumes it as act of sabotage
In south-eastern France in Sète the unknown spilled barrels of tens of thousands of liters of wine, thus causing a flood on the streets, Midi Libre reports.
According to the report, the incident occurred on the night of Wednesday, August 3. The contents of the five wine barrels flooded Orien waterfront and neighboring streets. Once the underground parking was flooded too, the locals called the fire department.
Firefighters have coped with the flood and cleared avenue from wine in half an hour.
National Police clarifies the circumstances of the accident. It is reported that, perhaps, this was an act of sabotage.
According to the France 3 TV Channel, the Regional Committee viticultural movement (CRAV) took the responsibility for the incident. It is known for similar protests against French purchase of wine from Spain at low prices.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case