State-run program to implant artificial heart might be launched in Ukraine in 2017
Two successful surgeries with implantation of an artificial heart took place already this year
Next year, the Ukrainian government might launch the state-run program to implant artificial hearts. Borys Todurov, CEO of the Institute of Heart of the Health Care Ministry, reported this on Monday as quoted by Interfax-Ukraine. According to him, the program is worth USD 500,000. ‘That’s only five hearts per a year, but it’s going to be a step forward. To us, the mechanic heart is a first step to heart transplantation,’ Todurov said.
The respective request was filed by Iryna Sysoienko, Head of the Healthcare Committee of the Ukrainian parliament. According to her, the funding volumes will be adjusted after the Healthcare Ministry determines the demands in such surgeries.
Two successful surgeries with implantation of an artificial heart took place already this year; the first one took place in July, the second one – on October 16, 2016.
Annually, about 500 patients across Ukraine might need an artificial heart. Up to 2,000 patients need a heart transplantation surgery each year.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas