Situation in Odesa is calm
Most of the law enforcers left their positions near key objects of infrastructure
According to correspondent of 112 Ukraine TV channel, the situation in the southern-Ukrainian city is quite calm. “No police or the National Guards were spotted in the downtown. However, some of those law enforcers are still there. Yesterday, Odesa governor Mikheil Saakashvili said that some of the Guards who came here from various regions of Ukraine will stay here till May 10”, the reporter said.
On May 2, residents of Odesa paid tribute to the activists who deceased during riots in the city that took place two years ago. Back then, on May 2, 2014, 46 pro-Russian activists perished and about 200 people were wounded during the clashes with pro-Ukrainian protesters in Odesa.
Due to risk of provocations, the local authorities tightened security measures and engaged reinforcements for the local National Guard units. Many people brought flowers to the site of the May 2 tragedy; however, the police didn’t let them onto Kulykove field, where the tragedy actually unfolded. Despite several incidents, the situation remained mostly calm.
Turkey proachers’ boat sank during storm in Odesa 13 October, 13:48
Earthquake in Romania: aftershocks reached Ukraine 24 September, 11:30
Brawl between pro-Kremlin activists and Right Sector members in Odesa 10 October, 09:15
Ante for Odesa portside plant makes USD 150 million, - State Property Fund 23 September, 11:28
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels