Siesta and longer vacation for Ukrainians in the new Labor Code
“Siesta” will last from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., vacation will comprise 28 days
The new Labor Code of Ukraine may involve a break during hottest hours and a longer vacation, informed “Vesti”.
According to the Minister of Social Policy Pavlo Rozenko, in April MPs plan to adopt the new Labor Code. Currently a working group at the Ministry is considering amendments and suggestions to the new Labor Code.
Currently Ukrainians live by the Labor Code adopted back in 1971.
However, experts have different opinions about the innovations. As for siesta, according to the leader of the trade union of construction workers Vasyl Andreyev, it has been a burning issue for a long time already.
“Currently there exist rules and limitations about work in severe cold. However, there are no such rules and limitations for days of scorching heat”, - Andreyev said.
Deputy Head of the Federation of trade unions Sergiy Kondratyuk pointed out that a 28-day vacation is EU requirement. Thus, employers will have to deal with it.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain