Shooting in Odesa: 22 detained, no victims
Two co-owners of a local hotel sent their armed guards to settle the conflict between them
Another showdown took place last night in Odesa, southern Ukraine. The shooting took place at the Villa le Premier hotel.
UNIAN agency reported this with the reference to the Chief Department of the National Police of Odesa region.
Twelve people represented private security agency ‘AS’, and ten more belong to another agency called ‘Olimp Yug’. One of the groups barricaded themselves inside the hotel and didn’t let their opponents in. As the other group tried to make it into the building, the gunfire was heard, witnesses say.
All of the guards were brought to the local police department for testifying in the case. The criminal proceeding under the ‘hooliganism’ article was initiated.
The police report that the reason of the shootout was an ongoing conflict between two owners of the same hotel.
The details of the incident are being figured out.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case