Shooting in Odesa: 22 detained, no victims
Two co-owners of a local hotel sent their armed guards to settle the conflict between them
Another showdown took place last night in Odesa, southern Ukraine. The shooting took place at the Villa le Premier hotel.
UNIAN agency reported this with the reference to the Chief Department of the National Police of Odesa region.
Twelve people represented private security agency ‘AS’, and ten more belong to another agency called ‘Olimp Yug’. One of the groups barricaded themselves inside the hotel and didn’t let their opponents in. As the other group tried to make it into the building, the gunfire was heard, witnesses say.
All of the guards were brought to the local police department for testifying in the case. The criminal proceeding under the ‘hooliganism’ article was initiated.
The police report that the reason of the shootout was an ongoing conflict between two owners of the same hotel.
The details of the incident are being figured out.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:23Donbas: Shelling in Mariupol direction
- SOCIETY22:44Fidel Castro’s ashes were buried in Cuba
- UKRAINE TOP 22:03Germany does not recognize Crimea as Russia, - Steinmeier
- UKRAINE TOP 21:25House of People’s Deputy was attacked with rocket launcher in Kharkiv region
- UKRAINE TOP 20:32Ukrainian Minister of Internal Affairs is in Canada while Kniazhychi shootout is being investigated
- SOCIETY20:01Mayor and two journalists killed in gunfire in Finland
- SOCIETY19:23Gunfires in Finland: Three people killed near Russian border
- UKRAINE TOP 18:49Lutsenko personally controls investigation of five officers’ death
- SOCIETY18:13Kniazhychi residents talk about robberies by men in police uniform, - media
- SOCIETY17:27Main Christmas tree of the country arrived in Kyiv
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine