Memorial service for Shimon Peres is underway in Jerusalem
Israeli ex-president Shimon Peres to be buried on Mount Herzl on September 30
Memorial service for Israeli ex-president Shimon Peres in Jerusalem. The coffin with his body is set near the building of Knesset, Israeli Parliament, for thousands of citizens to be able to pay their last tribute to the former president.
The flags were half-masted in sign of mourning all over the country on Wednesday. The memorial service will last until 21:00.
Reuven Rivlin, the President of Israel and has already visited the ceremony together with the Knesset Speaker Yuli-Yoel Edelstein and the Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Many world leaders, Barack Obama among them, have announced intention to visit the memorial service and the funeral. Ukrainian President Poroshenko, Canadian Prime-Minister Justin Trudeau, former US president Bill Clinton, US presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, French President Francois Hollande, Prince of Wales Charles, Australian Prime-Minister, Queen Máxima of the Netherlands among other world leaders are expected to come as well.
Israeli ex-president Shimon Peres will be buried on Mount Herzl on September 30.
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas