Sheremet’s murder: Ukraine’s Interior Ministry offers USD 8,000 for information that helps solve case
Minister Arsen Avakov said this at the Tuesday briefing in Kyiv
The Internal Affairs Ministry of Ukraine offers reward of UAH 200,000 (roughly USD 8,000) for any sort of information that would help solve the murder of Pavlo Sheremet, famous independent reporter who worked with Ukrainian, Russian and Georgian media.
Sheremet was killed in Kyiv on early morning of July 20. He was fatally injured in the car blast; the vehicle blew up in the downtown Ukrainian captial, at about 7.45 a.m. The car belonged to Olena Prytula, Editor in Chief of Ukrainian Pravda, famous Ukrainian outlet. Sheremet was on his way to teh studio of Radio Vesti, where he was supposed to host a radio program.
Pavlo Sheremet was Ukrainian and Russian journalist of Belarusian origin. The 44-year-old is widely famous for his criticism of Russian and Belarusian leaders – Putin and Lukashenko, respectively. Sheremet was imprisoned by the government of Belarus in 1997, sparking an international incident between Belarus and Russia. The New York Times has described him as "known for his crusading reports about political abuses in Belarus" and "a thorn in the side of Lukashenko's autocratic government".He was awarded the Committee to Protect Journalists' International Press Freedom Award in 1999 and the OSCE Prize for Journalism and Democracy in 2002.
He was married with two children, a son and a daughter. He also had a son with Canadian photographer Heidi Hollinger.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case