Sheremet’s murder: Composite images of suspects will be released after their identification
Professional activity of the deceased reporter is the main version of the murder considered by the National Police, - Ukrainska Pravda
‘As for the images, they will be released; however, we cannot specify the actual time when that happens. We still need to define the suspects for that’, a source at the National Police told Ukrainska Pravda outlet. He added that the law enforcers cannot now disclose the relevant information so as to not harm the course of the investigation.
Some of the FBI group that assisted the Ukrainian law enforcers already went home, while others keep working as consultants in this case.
Journalist Pavlo Sheremet deceased in the car blast in Kyiv on July 20. The vehicle blew up in the downtown Ukrainian capital at about 7.45 a.m. The car belonged to Olena Prytula, Editor in Chief of Ukrainska Pravda, famous outlet. Sheremet was on his way to the studio of Radio Vesti, where he was supposed to host the radio program.
Pavlo Sheremet was Ukrainian and Russian journalist of Belarusian origin. The 44-year-old is widely famous for his criticism of Russian and Belarusian leaders – Putin and Lukashenko, respectively. Sheremet was imprisoned by the government of Belarus in 1997, sparking an international incident between Belarus and Russia. The New York Times has described him as "known for his crusading reports about political abuses in Belarus" and "a thorn in the side of Lukashenko's autocratic government".He was awarded the Committee to Protect Journalists' International Press Freedom Award in 1999 and the OSCE Prize for Journalism and Democracy in 2002.
He was married with two children, a son and a daughter. He also had a son with Canadian photographer Heidi Hollinger.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars