Security Service of Ukraine set the hostages free and arrested the attackers
SBU also released a video of the rescue operation
Officers of the Special Forces Operational Detachment Alpha released hostages held on the Turkish vessel in the territorial waters of Ukraine on September 4.
The vessel was heading from Mykolaiv to Jordan under the flag of Turkey with a cargo of steel structures. According to the SBU, two crew members on board made a fight and stabbed four colleagues. Then they blackouted the ship and took hostage five people, part of the crew barricaded themselves hiding from attackers.
After receiving the SOS signal and an emergency meeting of the anti-terrorist headquarters of the SBU in the Odessa region, which was also attended by the representatives of the Border Guards service, Police, Ministry of Emergency Situations, Yuzhny Port authorities, it was decided to perform a forceful release of the captured crew.
During the assault officers of the special forces operational detachment Alpha freed hostages and arrested the attackers.
Four wounded Turkish sailors were given first medical aid and hospitalized.
Security Service of Ukraine also released a video of the rescue operation.
Criminal proceedings are initiated by Police under the article on hijacking or seizure of the marine vessel of the Criminal Code of Ukraine. Investigations are currently underway.
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars