Security measures in Donbas to be increased during Easter period
Pavlo Zhebrivsky, Head of Donetsk military and civil regional administration, said this in an interview with 112 Ukraine TV channel
“We are negotiating with the Minsk Contact Group and the Joint Control and Coordination Centre, with the Russian side, so that pro-Kremlin militants adhere to the ceasefire during the Easter period and restrain from shelling the checkpoints at the division line. Of course, we will involve more border guards and servicemen from other branches of the military and tighten security measures. People will not just celebrate Easter; there’s also a week of remembrance across Ukraine in early May”, Zhebrivsky said.
He added he charged respective services to check the cemeteries located near the division line for any explosive devices. “Most of the cemeteries have been already checked, and the rescue teams assured they are safe to visit. I guess we’ll manage to get over this procedure before Easter”, the politician concluded.
Most recently, pro-Russia militants attacked Pravdivka village in Donetsk region; they destroyed a local church and several dwellings with 152-mm artillery banned by Minsk agreements.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case