Security forces carry out searches at Kharkiv mayor Kernes, - Lutsenko
Around a hundred of GPU and SBU representatives arrived in Kharkiv
Security forces carry out searches in the premises belonging to mayor Hennadiy Kernes in Kharkiv. This was reported by the press secretary of the Prosecutor General Larisa Sargan, referring to him.
According to Yuriy Lutsenko himself in the comments to "Ukrainska Pravda", the searches are conducted in the premises belonging to Kernes and the mother of Mykhailo Dobkin, who is a People's Deputy.
The searches are being heдd since 7:00 a. m in Kharkiv. Dozens of other searches are scheduled as well. 100 officers of the prosecutor’s office and the SBU arrived in Kharkiv," - said Lutsenko.
Yuriy Lutsenko also explained that the searches are being conducted in the criminal case in organization of the fraud scheme of 654 hectares of land in Kharkiv which costs 150 million USD.
"Also, searches are being held in the house belonging to the mother of Mykhailo Dobkin, but he arrived and showed his residence permit. Ukrainian law is forbidding to make searched in the houses of People's Deputies", - said the Prosecutor General.
"Another person involved in criminal proceedings resisted, thus an Alpha special forces unit arrived," - he added.
It should be noted that the mayor of Kharkiv, and his guards Vitaly Blinnikov and Eugene Smitsky are accused of kidnapping, torturing and threatening of homicide of the activists of Kharkiv Euromaidan Kutyanin Oleksandr and Serhiy Ryapolov.
Kernes states that the criminal case against him is fabricated.
Officially Kernes and his guards are charged in three criminal articles: tortures, Illegal imprisonment or kidnapping and threats of homicide.
Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers 21 October, 14:44
Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague 25 October, 19:49
Lutsenko proposes to lift ban on casinos in Ukraine 19 October, 23:14
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case