Second World War bomb found in Berlin, thousands of people evacuated
Bomb’s weight reaches 100 kilograms
The bomb of the Soviet times was found during repair work in the area of Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin.
The Yevropeyska Pravda reports this with reference to the Berlin police message on Twitter.
The territories near the bomb were surrounded by the police cordon. The police evacuated thousands of residents within a radius of 1,000 meters.
"Found a Russian bomb that must be defused in place by our specialists", reads the police report.
The BZ-Berlin agency reported that the nursing home was evacuated. In addition, the traffic was blocked in several public transport lines.
According to preliminary data, the weight of the bomb is up to 100 kilograms.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas